VA 2451 - 4945
Gearboxes of the VA series have been specially developed for work boats such as tugs, container vessels, freighters, tankers and special‐purpose ships with similarly high performance demands.
Subject to technical modifications.
- Housing made from grey iron or steel
- Rigid mounting
- All gearbox shafts are supported in roller bearings
- Spur wheels helically toothed, case‐hardened with ground tooth flanks
- Integrated oil sump
- Common circuit for operating oil and lube oil
- Oil pump and oil filter accessible from the outside
- Fitted heat exchanger for cooling water inlet temperature of max. 38 °C, seawater resistant
- Input: free shaft end with taper 1:30
- Output: forged-on flange
- Paint coating with synthetic resin varnish
- Temperature sensor (2x PT100) oil temperature after heat exchanger
- Electrical signal for filter contamination
- Thermometer - oil temperature before and after heat exchanger
- Manometer for operating oil pressure
- Supervision instruments as per classification requirements
- Special PTO versions
- Spare part kit as per classification requirements
- Heat exchanger for cooling water temperature above 38 °C
- Special reduction ratios
- Stand-by pump
The gearboxes can be fitted with an additional Power Take Off or Power Take In.
All gearboxes can be supplied with additional supervision instruments, according to classification requirements, enabling the operator to take all necessary information from the bridge.
The output shaft can be prepared with centre bore for all common CPP systems, including connection for oil distributor box on the engine side. For free-standing applications only.
Primarily driven PTO in combination with a secondary PTH. Different propeller speeds are possible for PTH operation and for operation with main drive.