LAF 164 - 7760
Gearboxes of the LAF series have been specially developed for work boats such as tugs, fishing vessels, inland waterway crafts, ferries and special-purpose ships with similarly high performance demands.
Subject to technical modifications.
- Housing made from grey iron or steel
- Prepared for mounting of SAE bell housings as well as mounting brackets for foundation connection
- Spur wheels helically toothed, case‐hardened with ground tooth flanks
- Hydraulically operated disc clutch with steel / sinter friction surface
- Built-in thrust bearing
- Smooth engagement by means of adapted pressure increase during shifting
- Full power transmission in both output senses of rotation
- Integrated oil sump
- Common circuit for operating oil and lube oil
- Oil pump and oil filter accessible from the outside
- Fitted heat exchanger for cooling water inlet temperature of max. 32 °C, seawater resistant
- Connection for remote supervision of pressure and temperature
- Control valve with electric, pneumatic or mechanical operation
- Emergency operation: in case of failure of operating pressure the disc clutch can be locked mechanically
- Input: free shaft end with taper 1:30
- Output: forged‐on flange
1. Pressure switch – operating pressure too low
2. Thermometer – oil temperature after heat exchanger
3. Filter contamination – electric components
4. Manometer – operating oil pressure
5. Connection for pressure switch: clutch engaged paint coating with synthetic resin varnish (colour: RAL 7023 concrete grey)
- SAE bell housing (LAF 664 ‐ 763 only)
- Output: counter flange
- Flexible coupling
- Supervision instruments in accordance with classification requirements
- PTO incl. SAE pads
- Special PTI designs
- Spare part kit as per classification rules
- Paint coating with synthetic resin varnish in all RAL colours
- Heat exchanger for cooling water inlet temperature above 32 °C
- Trolling propulsion system (ADS)
- Resilient mounting
- Special reduction ratios
- Connection for electric stand‐by pump and / or trailing pump
The gearboxes can be fitted with an additional Power Take Off or Power Take In (application: hydraulic pumps and generators).
Primary driven PTO in combination with a secondary PTH. Different propeller speeds are possible for PTH operation and for operation with main drive.
All gearboxes can be supplied with additional supervision instruments according to classification requirements, enabling the operator to take all necessary information from the bridge.
The output shaft can be prepared with centre bore for all common CPP systems, including connection for oil distributor box on the engine side. For free-standing applications only.
The gearboxes can be fitted with a hydraulically operated shaft brake to be used as a holding device on twin propeller vessels.